How YOU can help the OFCP!
You can play an important role in helping the OFCP by either making a financial contribution to our organization and help support our programs and services, or contact our Free Home Collection Service where we will pick up your used clothing and gently used household goods.
Click either button below to see more information on how YOU can help the OFCP now!
It is inherent in our everyday life. How to get to work, what to make for dinner, which movie to see – All things that, looked at individually, don’t amount to much in a day. Collectively, this ability to make choices throughout life, leads to something very powerful: confidence and empowerment. The right to make a mistake and the right to risk. These are the things that shape us and create a sense of autonomy.
For a person with a disability, choice is a gift we see too little of. Where to live, who provides care, where to go to school…
At OFCP, we are committed to supporting people with cerebral palsy and their families. We are committed to assisting our members in creating opportunities that involve choice and self-determination. Choice is fundamental to growth, relationships and quality of life.
To support choice, we ask you, as a member of our community, to make a choice as well. One bag of clothes, two bags of clothes… Individually, they may not amount to much, but collectively they amount to something huge. Your donation creates awareness, support and choice for our members.
At OFCP, we choose to hire the best telephone representatives, drivers and the best confirmers to create a positive experience for your pick up service. We commit to customer service, making it easy for you to make a commitment to us. Together, we create choice and change.
Please make us your free pick up service of choice.
Latest OFCP Newsletter
The March online issue of InformAction, the OFCP's newsletter, is now available.
Spring Cleaning Made Simple
Spring cleaning pictureEveryone will benefit from a good spring cleaning, but sometimes it’s hard to get started!
Make it fun and freshen up the look of your home. Spring cleaning will help you feel good about yourself and this list of ten tips will help show you just how easy it can be!
Follow these simple steps to get on your way to a happy spring:
- Make a checklist of all the jobs that need to be done once a year and spend one hour each day doing them. You’ll feel like a year’s worth of chores have been done in just one hour!
- Involve your family and split up the tasks. Make it a race to the finish for a reward where you can spend time together, like a nice dinner or movie night!
- Get gravity on your side and always work from top to bottom. Think about it like this: dust falls down so if you start at the top, you’ll never have to re-clean.
- Use the proper tools while cleaning and organizing. Use cloths that allow you to dust effectively without any additional sprays and always wear rubber gloves!
- Make your spring cleaning fun! Don't think of it as a chore but as a therapeutic exercise--one that will really help you to feel good about yourself and your environment.
- Eliminate distractions, turn off the TV and let your answering machine field your calls.
- Don’t forget to cover all of your home. It's important to clean and organize things that are in sight but also important to remember those items that are out of sight. Spring is a great season to organize your closets, cabinets, drawers, bins, boxes, pantry and other inside storage areas. Give yourself that fresh spring feeling, both inside and out!
- Be ruthless when it comes to getting rid of clutter. If you don't love it, or you don't use it, its clutter. Anything that you haven’t looked at or used in the last six months is suspect, it’s time to let it go!
- Donate the things you don’t use. If you have items that you don't use, but are in good condition, they are prime candidates to sell or donate. Gather all of these items together in boxes or plastic bags.
- Call the OFCP for our free home pick up and we will take care of the rest!
Help Create A New OFCP Tagline
The OFCP is adding a tagline to our title. Our old tagline was in the title under our old logo of the sun with a small cloud off to one side, it was "Removing the Clouds of Disability"
That was a long time ago, now we have a new logo, but have not created a new tagline. We have done without a tagline for a few years but now we are rebranding and making a name for the OFCP!
This is where we need your help with the first step in creating our new brand and tagline for the OFCP.
Once we have a few contenders for our new slogan, we will post them online and hold a contest with you and our members selecting our new slogan.
Click here to get started now
Celebrating 25 Years of Helping People Live Better Lives!
A visit to People in Motion will give you access to over 100 exhibitors under one roof!
You can expect to see: Mobility Aids, Adapted Vehicles, Rehabilitation Services, Home Helathcare Products, Travel & Leisure Activites, Corporate & Government Services, Disability Publications Associations and so much more!
Stop by and visit the OFCP booth! - Free Admission
The Corbrook 5th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
The Corbrook 5th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
June 5, 2014 at the Deer Creek Golf Club, Ajax, Ontario
Start TIme 11am
For more information, please contact: Jeannelle Smith ph. 416-245-5565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org